What should you do about competing agents who bad mouth you?
Nothing !! Don’t get in the gutter with them. Rise above it!
However, here are my top 5 tips;
1. Ask the client prior to attending the listing who you are up against.
2. Do your research on the brand & the agent.
3. Identify your strengths against their weaknesses. An example may be that your team is smaller or bigger. Both have merit. Another may be you specialise in a certain price point, area or type of property.
4. Always endorse the other agent at the listing & say they have made an outstanding selection of agents to choose from. However sellers don’t know what they don’t know, so remind them what you & your brand bring to the process by outlining your Unique Selling Propositions (USP’s) in forensic detail.
5. Don’t be afraid to compare yourself to your competitor and highlight your strengths. However, never say anything unprofessional, in fact do the complete opposite as all sellers will perceive your competition as desperate & unethical if they attempt to discredit you.